The IMG Training Initiative was launched in June 2013 and is overseen and governed by the Health Service Executive National Doctors training and Planning Unit (HSE NDTP) and the postgraduate medical training bodies in Ireland on a collaborative basis through the Forum of Irish Postgraduate Medical Training Bodies. For this purpose, the HSE NDTP and the Forum will appoint a Joint IMGTI Management Committee and a Joint IMGTI Operational Committee.
Remit & Function of Joint Management Committee
The broad remit of the International Medical Graduate Training Initiative (IMGTI) Joint Management Committee is to manage and govern at a national level the International Medical Graduate (IMG) Training Initiative Programme.
- Key Functions and role of the Joint Management Committee are:
- Keep under review the policies and procedures underpinning the IMGTI Programme
- Provide oversight of the organization and delivery of the IMGTI Programmes by the individual postgraduate training bodies
- Develop an annual business plan to support the orderly implementation of the IMGTI Programme
- Keep under review all aspects of the INMGTI Programme and identify opportunities for its development and roll out and prepare proposals for submission to the HSE NDTP and Forum
- Receive and review reports on all relevant activities under the IMGTI Programme from participating postgraduate training bodies and submit reports to the HSE NDTP and Forum on a regular basis
- Coordinate the preparation of an annual report of activities under the IMGTI programme for submission to the HSE NDTP and Forum
The Joint Management Committee shall meet at least two times per year
Remit & Function of Joint Operational Committee
The broad remit of the International Medical Graduate Training Initiative (IMGTI) Joint Operational Committee is to support the operational management at a national level the International Medical Graduate (IMG) Training Initiative Programme.
Key Functions and role of the Joint Operational Committee are:
- Develop and keep under review administrative arrangements and documentation to support and manage all aspects of the administration and reporting of the IMGTI programme including advertising and promotion of the programme, information and guidance to sponsors and participants
- Develop administrative processes and documentation to facilitate the timely and accurate notifications of nominations to the programme, status reports on participation and completions, applications for extension of training and other requirements as arise from time to time
- To keep under review the annual business plan and timelines to support recruitment of participants to the programme
- To facilitate the sharing of information, experience, best practice etc. between all stakeholders.
- Prepare an annual report of activities under the IMGTI programme for submission to the Joint Management Committee
The Joint Operational Committee shall meet bi-monthly and at more regular intervals during the active recruitment cycle as determined by the Chair.